Toll Free: (800) 456-8721
Product Features• Reduces time and cost needed to repair and test welds
USA Industries' Double Block & Bleed pipe plug has two separate sealing areas which allow you to positively isolate upstream gases from your internal piping. This makes performing modifications, repairs and hot work much safer, quicker and easier. The Double Block & Bleed plug also has a vent between the compression seals which enables you to verify the seals' integrity and pressure test your hydrotest welds by positioning the weld between the two seals.
With USA Industries' innovative DBB plug design, the plug is highly portable (aluminum/steel construction), easy to position, and the amount of water required is so small that testing can be accomplished using a hand pump or hydro pump. This greatly facilitates remote testing in areas throughout your facility.
Additional Advantages of USA Industries' Double Block and Bleed Pipe Plug
• Plug is portable and easy to position
• Sizes 0.75" to 24" NPS, larger sizes available on request
• Uses less than a gallon of water, reducing waste and treatment expense
• Safety factor reduces non-destructive evaluation (NDE)
• Working pressures to 2,250 PSI (155.2 Bar)
• Monitor isolation zone and upstream pressure, preventing backpressure build-up during tests
HOW IT WORKS
After determining pipe and schedule size:
• Install DBB plug upstream of "hot work" area
• Expand seals by tightening compression nut(s)
• Inject inert gas or water between seals (isolation zone) and pressurize
• Monitor isolation zone and upstream pressure during "hot work"
• After weld cools release pressure and seal, reposition isolation zone over weld area
• Pressurize isolation zone (up to 2,250 psi (155.1Bar))
In addition to making hot work safer, quicker and easier, USA Industries manufactures our isolation and test plugs under a strict quality assurance system. All plugs are certified to ISO 9001 standards.
A SPECIAL WORD OF CAUTION: Pressure testing can be an extremely hazardous operation and safety precautions should be strictly adhered to. All connections, valves, flanges and other fittings should be checked for suitability to test pressure. Verify the line ID & Plug Range match. Most importantly - Never stand or pass in front of any test plug or other enclosure while test is in progress. If plug discharges during a test, serious injury or death could occur.